Campaign Manager for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for Congress
Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is seeking a seasoned campaign manager to lead her political and electoral efforts. The ideal candidate will have several cycles of campaign experience in a management role. Experience managing New York based campaigns is preferred.
This is a year-round position based in New York City with significant in-person work required.
The Campaign Manager will be responsible for partnering with the candidate to design and oversee the campaign strategy, set and execute priorities, and manage a skilled team of staff, advisors, consultants, and volunteers in a community-focused, unconventional year-round campaign operation.
- Advisor: You will serve as a senior and confidential advisor to the candidate, partnering with her to create and execute a clear vision.
- Campaign Plan: You will be responsible for developing a campaign plan in electoral years that includes a large-scale field operation and paid media. In the off year, you will also be responsible for building a plan that prioritizes long-term goals and fundraising.
- Management, HR, and Compliance: You will oversee all existing campaign departments, including communications, field, political, operations and data - a team of approximately 15 in the off year and 20 during campaign years. You will also be responsible for overseeing other functions, including compliance (working closely with legal counsel) and fundraising. You will be responsible for working with the candidate to develop a strong culture on the campaign. You will also be responsible for leading union contract negotiations.
- Budget and Finance: You will be responsible for creating and executing a fundraising plan and strategy. You will also oversee the creation of the budget and ensure that it is being properly adhered to.
- Political Organizing & Relationship Management: As part of the campaign plan, you will oversee the political and electoral strategy of the campaign, including securing endorsements from individuals and organizations, managing relationships with allied organizations and individuals, and advising the candidate on her endorsements and political priorities.
Ideal Experience, Skills, and Characteristics
- At least two cycles of campaign experience, ideally serving as a campaign manager or deputy campaign manager of a large campaign.
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racist progressive and socialist values and policy priorities.
- Experience with New York City/State politics and organizing.
- Significant management experience including managing a diverse team of staff, consultants, volunteers.
- Experience working with a principal and managing up.
- Familiarity with grassroots & digital fundraising.
- Developed and managed a seven-figure budget.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, especially conflict resolution, listening, and ability to communicate professionally and empathetically.
- Experience working on a unionized campaign team is a plus.
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
- Ties to the Bronx and Queens is a plus.
- Familiarity with federal campaign finance rules is a must, and with ethics rules of the House of Representatives is a plus .
Compensation and Benefits Package
The annual salary range for this position is $120,000-$165,000.
The Campaign Manager position is exempt from the CWG bargaining unit.
Team AOC also offers a competitive benefits package, including employer-provided health insurance, and a 401(k).
Team AOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, traits historically associated with race including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Team AOC’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline, and access to benefits and training. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our campaign.